Friday, July 23, 2010

molo.



I love everything about everything here. That is all I have to say about that. I am constantly reminded that each day is truly a gift and that we as Christians must continually shine our light. My sweet kids just bring me so much joy and they remind me that the simple things in life are what matter the most. Their smiling faces and sweet bits of laughter just warm my heart. Most of them come from broken homes and backgrounds and it is so encouraging to see them rise above the pain with a sense of hope. I think it is something for us to all think about....so often when we face trails we cover ourselves and hide from the pain. We hide in our materialism and hope for it to all go away. I will be the first to tell you that I am so guilty of this. But here I have learned that there is not much room to hide...you just have to grab life by the horns and deal with it. And that mentality has made me a stronger person. If we continue to hide ourselves from the pain, I think we might start to lose sight of life. What its all about. And how as Christians we are called to bring one another up, encourage each other and hold each other accountable. If these kids can do it...I know I can...and I know you can. Life is a beautiful gift and one that must not be taken for granted. So I encourage you to hold your head up high, no one ever said life was going to be easy...but I can assure you that its alot easier with Christ. Take some time today and laugh...its the best feeling in the world...tell your family how much you love them...smile at someone random, it might just make their day...and grab life by the horns, its not easy but its quite rewarding...

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment